Sunday, February 01, 2009

The ABC Book

When I was about 3 or 4 years old, I had an ABC book that went like this:

A is for apple.
B is for boy.
C is for cookie.
D is for duck.
E is for elephant.
F is for fish.*
G is for girl.
H is for hat.
I is for ice cream.
J is for jam.
K is for kitten.
L is for lamb.
M is for mittens.
N is for nut.
O is for owl.
P is for puppy.
Q is for queen.
R is for rooster.
S is for scissors.
T is for truck.
U is for umbrella.
V is for violin.
W is for wagon.
X is for xylophone.
Y is for yarn.
Z is for zebra.

*When I got to this page, I always whispered this or quickly turned the page without saying a word, because you weren't supposed to say the F word, because it was a bad word. In fact, it was such a bad word that I took a black crayon and scribbled out the page, so nobody else could read it, either.

No comments: